Thursday, February 5, 2015

Dry dock and re blocks

It's been awhile since I last wrote but I figured now would be a good time. 

Since I last wrote this cast has gone through so much. 
It's funny because I remember being at rehearsals and hearing stories of other casts and the dramas that occurred. We all thought nothing would happen to our cast. But man have we been through it all. 

I don't know how many re-blocks we've done at this point. 
It started out with one of our singers going home for a bit, so then our dance captain filled in as a singer and we did the shows with three girl dancers. 
Then Liz our dance captain got sick and was rushed to the hospital for a week, which was really shocking so then I had to fill in as a singer. 
Then Liz came back and did bits of the show. Then our singer came back and we were all together again but still not doing a normal show cause Liz wasn't all the way better yet. 

We then had dry dock for ten days in free port, Bahamas. Which is the craziest thing, we were in a shipyard where they lift the ship out of the water and there are a ton of contractors doing maintenance on the ship. 
Since we weren't doing any shows or anything like that our duty was firewatch! Which was such a joke but we waited too long to say no about doing it so we had to suck it up and hang out in the spectrum for nine hours a day basically doing nothing. When we were called to work I was sent somewhere were people were welding and I watched with a spray bottle of water and a fire extinguisher... It was so much fun! Ha but no I really liked everything else about dry dock port Lacaya was awesome. The whole cast was hanging out off the ship and it was just what we needed. Also another Royal ship "Freedom" was having dry dock as well so we hung out with their cast which was really fun too! 

During dry dock I was at the beach one day and got back on the ship right before I had to start fire watch when I found out one of our boy dancers was going home! It was terrible I ran into his room and everyone was there saying bye to him, I couldn't believe it. Thirty minutes later and he was gone. So now we're down a boy and re blocked another show. Performed the first day back from dry dock and near the end of the show I was walking to an end pose and heard and felt a snap in the back of my ankle. I went to the doctor after the show and he said I had a partial tear in my Achilles' tendon. Wrapped it, gave me some medicine, and told me to rest and ice it. So I did for about three days and it still hurt so he put me in a splint so I couldn't move it and told me to give it another three days and it should be good. 
While I couldn't dance the cast had to re-block the shows again without me in them. 
Finally on Sunday he took the splint off and it felt fine didn't hurt just kind of felt bruised. 
I'm in the show tonight so hopefully there's no problems with it again. 
But yeah we basically haven't done the original shows since November. 

Our cruise director Carlos is on vacation for two months so we got a new cruise director from Italy. So things are constantly changing for us. 

Last night we had movie night in the theatre and watched Interstellar... Well I only got half way through cause it's a long movie! 

This upcoming month I plan on going skydiving... So stay tuned! 


Coco cay! 

Coco cay with pals

Crew party

Christmas!

Dining room party!




New Year's Eve!

New Year's Day at the butterfly museum 


Paradise beach

Coco cay in the morning

Dancing under the stars when we all jumped in the pool!

Cheeky breakfast in key west before dry dock 

Bye Miami see ya in ten days! 

My terrible pano of the shipyard

First fire watch duty 

Freedom and baby majesty 

Dry dock


In port Lacaya 



Lacaya beach

Night shift fire watch 

Sharkees night out 

Watching them kill it while I was out 

Breakfast before the beach! 

Fire watch ready!

Sharkees


No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS