Sunday, October 19, 2014

First Week!


So here I am, end of the first week! The cast is so great and talented. I can’t believe it’s already been a week, we’ve gotten so much done and the cast already feels so close. But basically I’ll tell you what it’s been like.
Sunday I arrived at around noon, and then got picked up by a driver for Royal Caribbean he brought me to the production studio where I picked up an envelope with my apartment info in it. He then took me to the apartments were I found myself surprised by how nice they were. Cast members kept trickling in. That evening majority of us were just hanging out in the apartment most of the new hires just sat and listened to stories everyone else had. But I knew that night this contract was going to be great.
Monday morning came and we walked to the rehearsal studio which takes about 25 minutes. Of course it started raining half way through so we arrived to meet all the directors wet. But since then the weather has been beautiful. We had orientation for a few hours then we started to learn a Hip hop number that we do on the ship before the quest which is a game the guest play. I was surprised though, we all thought it would be super cheesy but it was actually pretty good!
Lamar is one of our rehearsal instructors, he’s teaching one of our shows “Signed, Sealed, Delivered” and he’s great so sweet and patient but he’s teaching us quickly too and I love it. There are five sections in Sign, Sealed and we learned one on Tuesday which is four dances. Then Wednesday the girls came in a learned a chair dance and another one that’s exhausting but so fun to Proud Mary. Thursday we learned two more dances which completed another section. Friday the singers came in and we blocked both sections. Which was so fun, I love when we’re all together the energy is so good. Saturday we learned three more dances and finished up another section in the show. Now we only have two more left and we’ve learned our first show! I love it; it’s so soulful and fun! Can’t wait to start “Boogie Wonderland” our second show because it’s going to be so high energy and 70’s!
Most nights we’ve been getting together, but last night was extra fun we went over to the boy’s apartment and just hung out. 
Today was our first day off, I went to IHOP for brunch with some of the cast and hung out by the pool where all the Royal Caribbean casts were so that’s always a good time.So far Florida’s been great, my first day I was walking outside and was surprised to see little lizards in the bushes, so that will take some getting used to. Another thing I joke about is the air I tell everyone normally I’d go outside for some fresh air but it’s not so fresh here. Makes me appreciate the evergreen state even more. 

Here's some pictures from the week!

This is where I take 10 at



Where I spend majority of my time :)

One night after rehearsal

The creatures I see on my walks 


Charles!

Photoshoot at the pool lol

Walkin to IHOP!

Last night!

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS